Write Your Way Through
Writer’s Conference January 13th, 2007
The Loudermilk Center 40 Courtland Street Atlanta, GA 30303
“REGISTRATION TIME FOR THE CONFERENCE STARTS AT 8AM – 9AM”
visit www.urbanmoonpublishing.net for additional information
Come mix and mingle share your knowledge or just simply share your stories with established as well as writers on the rise. Grab your book club partner and find out who should be your next literary adventure. You don’t want to miss this event. (*Itinerary subject to change*)
– The state of LGBT books – Opening session and welcome – JL King
– Getting down to the business of writing. Everything you need to know to become successful and stay successful (Shunda Leigh, Editor in Chief, The Booking Matters magazine)
– How I self published my books and survived (what is the secret to my success) – Deardria Nesbitt facilitates a discussion with established and up and coming authors
– Writers of the Storm – Hear writers, poets, spoken word artists (Sign up with your registration)
– Reinventing yourself: writing for the multimedia (TV, Film, Commercials, Magazines, niche markets, blogs, etc.).
– Marketing your book: In search of an audience/publisher/agent – What are they looking for?
– Working with bookstores and book distributors
The greatest networking for the success of your next book.
Invited guests are Publishers, Publicists, Agents, etc.
Urban Moon Publishing proudly announces the first annual writers/publishing conference for the LGBT community on January 13, 2007 in Atlanta, Georgia. Write Your Way Through, LGBT Writers Conference “Writing In the Spirit of James Baldwin”. This exciting comprehensive and informative one day workshop will offer aspiring writers inside information and education on how to become a successful writer as well as a published author.
The host, New York Times Best Selling Author and publisher JL King, along with co-host, best-selling author Deardria Nesbitt will facilitate this exciting event. JL King’s vision is to produce a platform for LGBT best selling authors and other industry professionals to share their knowledge and their secrets to publishing success with the attendees. Write Your Way Through is open to all writers, authors and anyone interested in any kind of writing, from books, multimedia as well as Film and Television.
The Write Your Way Through LGBT Writers Conference is being sponsored by Just Living Magazine, Booking Matters Magazine, GATe WAY Publishing, Brothers Well Read book club, Barnes and Noble bookstores, and a slate of other supporters of the Black LGBT community of Atlanta. For sponsorship information, please contact Urban Moon Publishing at http://www.urbanmoonpublishing.net or email@example.com.