New York, Feb.3, 2007- (DisilgoldSOUL)-Vanessa Davis Griggs, smash hit author of Promises Beyond Jordan & Wings of Grace, returns with May 2007 spiritual romance novel, “Blessed Trinity”. According to motivational speaker Victoria Christopher Murray, sales for Christian fiction are expected to take off in 2007 by 15%.
Vanessa is an author who has been a contemporary Christian fiction author from day one, and her new novel is right on time for what some people are saying will be one of her best novels to date.
“Vanessa Davis Griggs is an author and motivational speaker who adores the power of words both written and spoken. At the end of 1996, this former BellSouth employee left 18 years of service stepping out on faith and decided to pursue her purpose and passion–writing. Proving out Proverbs 18:16, A man’s gift maketh room for him, and bringeth him before great men, she began her own company (Free To Soar) emphasizing the taking off of limits as she travels around the country inspiring others–young and old–to take flight and do the same. Vanessa is the recipient of numerous recognitions including: March 2006 recipient of The Greater Birmingham Millennium Section National Council of Negro Women Inspiration Award, 2004-2005 Jasper Outstanding Achievement Award, finalist for the BWA 2002 Gold Pen Award for Christian Fiction, named Shades of Romance Magazine Reader’s Choice Award 2002 for Best All-Time Favorite Multi-Cultural Self-Published Author, Promises Beyond Jordan the winner of The Sistah Circle Book Club 2002 Self-published African American Author Book of the Year Award as well as the self-published version of Promises Beyond Jordan winning Best Christian Fiction. Wings of Grace received a Road to Romance Reviewer’s Choice Award.Vanessa resides in Irondale (home of the Whistle Stop Café and Fried Green Tomatoes), a community just outside of Birmingham, Alabama.”
Vanessa is the author of four novels: Destiny Unlimited, The Rose of Jericho, and Promises Beyond Jordan published by BET Books/New Spirit (now Kimani Press) and her newest release with BET Books, Wngs of Grace. The Saga Continues with…The Blessed Trinity Trilogy… published by Kensington Books/Dafina.
Vanessa Davis Griggs
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING ABOUT BLESSED TRINITY!
THREE SISTERS–One Devastating Secret . . .
- Part Terry McMillian, part Jan Karon, BLESSED TRINITY, the first in an exciting trilogy, marks the much anticipated return of
- bestselling author Vanessa Davis Griggs!
- “Faith Alexandria Morrell, the oldest of a mysterious trio of sisters, lives a troubled life and guards a horrifying secret. Yet few, least of all her new church family, would believe this always-impeccably-dressed woman is so utterly lost. But what lies beneath the surface of Faith’s carefully constructed veneer could completely destroy her.
- Needing help, Faith and her sisters, Hope and Charity, join Followers of Jesus Faith Worship Center. This new mega church, led by the dreadlock-wearing, Holy Ghost-filled Pastor George Landris, just may offer the solace she needs. But Faith soon discovers that all is not well in her new church home: Pastor Landris’s marriage may not be as solid as everyone thinks and he’s struggling to finance the church building; Thomas, the pastor’s deadbeat brother, is diagnosed as bipolar; and Johnnie Mae, the pastor’s wife, is facing some tough choices regarding her ailing mother’s care.
- How can Faith and her sisters find comfort here when so many are wrestling with their own issues? And when one sister suffers a crushing collapse, prayer may be the only way to unravel the mystery shadowing Faith and her sisters–the blessed trinity.
- Superb writing, mystery, and suspense are the hallmarks of Vanessa Davis Griggs’s thrilling new work.
- With style, she offers an incisive and affecting look at the inner-workings of mega churches, conveying the power of faith as only she can.”
- “[A] well-written narrative.” –Booklist on Wings of Grace
- For more information about authors, visit www.Disilgold.com.